Saturday, December 16, 2006



Connor George Strachan

He's Here!! Our precious little angel has finally arrived! We have been home 4 days now and are all settling in great. Connor is a perfect baby, he eats about every 2 hours and goes back to sleep in the night just fine. When he's awake, he is happy and loves to just look around and listen to all the sounds of home. Andrew and Abby are doing wonderful with him, Andrew wants to hold him all the time and Abby loves to pat his head and make sure he has a pacy near by! George and I just feel so blessed, if I could sum up my life in one word it would be "complete". God has been so good to us.

It was so fun waiting to find out if Connor was a boy or girl, the anticipation during labor helped get me through. When he was born, his back was to us as the DR. was suctioning his nose and stuff and no one said if he was a boy or girl, it seemed like forever, although it was probably a second or two, then someone finally said he was a boy! It was all just so exciting!

I really wanted to try hard not to use an epidural and prayed about it for several months, in fact, I didn't really tell people how much of a spiritual issue it had become to me. I really believed that I could make it through with God's help. There were so many answered prayers along the way. My nurse was new to the hospital and come from a hospital where most moms chose not to use an epidual, so she was such a huge help to me. She talked to me a long time before the hard labor hit and kept me focused on what was to come. I went from 5-6cm to complete in about 30 minutes, so the Lord sped things up for me. It was a hard 30 minutes, but I did it! I remember at one point at the peak of a very intense contraction, I closed my eyes and saw the cross. The words running through my head were, "If he could do that, you can do this". I knew the Lord was whispering those words to my heart. I just kept telling myself that nothing is impossible with God's help. I'm not saying I'd recommend not using an epidural to everyone, modern medicine is a wonderful thing! But I'm glad I had the experience at least once!

We will keep you up to date as we can, our lives are in busy overdrive right now, but every mom loves bragging on their kids, so I'm sure I'll find time to share our blessings with you all.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

YEAH!!!! Pictures!!! I am so glad you posted pictures. I have been checking all the time. I know you are busy and so I have tried not to bother you. He is so precious Donna and George!!! We love you all so much and can't wait to see you soon! Take care and get some sleep. I know it is nice now that the dorm is empty and quiet! Please give all three of your kiddos hugs and kisses from us. Love you!!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for posting pics! Connor is a doll! Also, hats off to you for going without pain meds. I really don't think I could ever do that!

Desiree said...

Donna- He is beautiful, sorry George I meant handsome. I feel like this is as close as I'm ever gonna get, maybe someday Emily and I will be well. I love you and can't wait to hold him and hug you.

Dallas said...

Congratulations Donna on your family of five! All three of your children are beautiful. Enjoy your holidays!