Saturday, May 30, 2009

Testimony Time

Well, guys, I have to tell you that God has been writing it on my heart for months now to use this blog to glorify Him. I know I need to be journaling about the things He has been and is continuing to do in my life and this seems to be the perfect avenue for that. I believe that God is stirring within me a boldness to speak of His fingerprints in my daily life and although my flesh is hesitant to speak out for fear of looking crazy, foolish or misguided, I know that God's spirit within me is greater and I want to obey.

There seems to be so much that I need to catch everyone up on, but I will just take this journey slow and easy because I do tend to get overwhelmed and quit altogether- the devil knows this about me and I am determined not to let him win this time!! I want to be consistent with this blog and use it as a means to encourage, uplift and spur others on to the calling God has for us all in developing intimacy with Him.

This verse in Jeremiah 33:3 has been speaking to me for several years now.

"Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know."

I have prayed hard for a long time for God to show me great and unsearchable things. I have called on Him to show me "more of Him" and He has answered. He has the same desire to answer all of us in this way. There is more.... God is bigger and greater than we will ever know. I want to share with you my journey. I pray that in the details of my story, you will feel, see and hear God in yours.

One of my new favorite verses in Scripure comes from Revelation 19:10,

"The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy"

In other words, the testimony of Jesus in our lives is the very spirit and prophecy of what He can and will do in someone else's life. If God can redeem me, lift me from the pit, release my chains and set my spirit free to truly feel His love and acceptance of me...He will do the same for you. I promise.

No comments: