Tuesday, January 29, 2008

7 Months Later.......




Those of you that know me (and love me) understand completely that I could go 7 whole months without updating my blog!! I have to admit, that I try to be on the computer as little as possible, because if I'm here in my office when the kids are up and on the move-- it looks as though I've been robbed when I finally shoo them out! Everything is pulled out from drawers and off of shelves and every marker, piece of computer paper, paper clip, thumbtack, book, cd, checkbook etc. etc. etc. is completely strung out. The phone is off the hook and children are fighting and fussing to climb up in my lap. Sound familiar anyone?!?!? Please tell me this doesn't happen just to me!! When these little bundles of joy are in bed and I'm waiting for curfew to roll around, all I want to do is sit on the couch and try to regain consciousness from the day!! Anyway- I had to give the dramatic side of my excuse for being MIA in the blogging world for 7 months!!

Honestly, the past 7 months have been absolutely wonderful! This busy life of being a mommy to 3 kiddos has it's challenges, but all in all, I wouldn't trade a minute of the hustle and bustle for anything! (Well, I might trade a tantrum or two).

Andrew is in Kindergarten at Harding Academy and loving it. We love all the fun activities that the Academy provides. Last week, all 3 kindergarten classes participated in a box car derby- what a blast. Andrew made a Celtic Soccer Team car and boy was his daddy proud! Andrew is a sweet hearted boy with lots of energy and we are finding out more and more that his greatest desire in life so far is to make others laugh and draw attention to himself! Oh boy!! Yes, we have already had several embarrassing discussions with his teacher about this issue-(thanks alot Gary McDaniel- my dad). But Mrs. Barden couldn't be a better teacher. It is so refreshing to know that your child really is loved unconditionally when they are away from home. We wouldn't trade our experience with the Academy this year for the world.

Abby is growing prettier and sassier by the day! She is mama's little girl and has daddy pretty wrapped around her little finger too! She is into EVERYTHING!! She loves helping with her baby brother and playing mommy with her dolls. She is in Carpenter's Kids Preschool 2 mornings a week and loves the interaction with other children. Sandwiched between 2 boys, she is learning to be tough and pretty tricky at the same time! George's parents were here for 2 weeks after Christmas and Granny gave sweet Abby all the attention she needed while they were here. I think she probably owns just about every little girl toy ever made now!

Baby Connor is not such a baby anymore! He turned 1 in December and is trying his hardest to walk. He loves to practice his "walking lessons" as Daddy calls it! He's still not taking off on his own too much though, but I'm certainly not rushing it! He is still a pretty laid back little guy, although he had to learn pretty quick to hold his own with 2 older siblings. He is a big ball fan and has one in his hand just about every second. His favorite past time lately is splashing and dropping his pacey in and out of the potty- so neat!!!

George and I are trukin along just fine too. We are both pretty busy with our jobs here at Harding, but we know how very blessed we are to be here. God has given us so many things to be thankful for- Life is Good.

Well, I'm not really going to make any promises about keeping up with this thing, because, well- you know!!
love to all!!

8 comments:

bfstrachan said...

We love you all so much too, and can't wait for the summer.... does your comment mean that our house is going to look like we've been robbed too??!!Ha ha , it'll be fun. Hopefully with Billy's blog it'll keep you better up to date with our stuff too, 5 months to go...
Fenella x

flee said...

I am proud of you!

You are such a good mom.

I know when the kids are hijacking everything, you're saying, "where isat?"

love you!

LET said...

Your kids are so BIG! Your family is so precious. I'd call you right now to chat, but you're probably napping before curfew (at least I hope you are!).

Rachel said...

Thank you so much for the update and sweet pictures of those babies! Love you all and can't wait to talk with you soon!

Lara said...

Enjoyed hearing how you're doing. Sounds like life is treating you well. Hope you have a lovely spring! Can you feel it in the air? I see the bulbs peeking up from the ground. Pollen season is around the corner.

Hope to see you around. I'll have to crash supper club when I can to see you in person! Love ya!

Sara said...

Wow Donna, I had almost given up on you!! I love reading about your life, because life in general gets so busy! blogging makes me feel a way of catching up with what everyone is doing these days!!
Sara Jo
www.zsfamily.blogspot.com

Carrie Brown said...

Hi Donna,
So good to see what you are up to these days!! Your children are beautiful!! I got your blog off of Regina's. Hope you are all doing well!!
Carrie Owen Brown

Rachel said...

I Tagged YOU!!!!