Thursday, February 22, 2007

Precious Friends...

Sometimes I wonder why God blessed me with such wonderful friends. My whole life, as far back as I can remember, the Lord has given me real, true, life changing friendships. In fact, I can't remember a time I didn't feel the security and agape love of a handful of friends. There was even a time in my life that I was definitely not being a friend to those that considered me as a friend, and yet, deep in my heart I knew that those precious girls would do absolutely anything for me.

It overwhelms me to think that I could be so blessed even when I have been so undeserving at times. I had some deep special childhood friends growing up that I'm still super close to today and thru the years, I've collected a few more along the way. My eyes are filling with tears as I write this and I think of all the ways I've benefited from such special women in my life. It is a precious thing to share God in the center of such deep relationships, because friends bump up to "family" status very quickly in such relationships.

God knew what He was doing when he designed our need for relationship. I know that my walk with my Father would not be as intimate and real if it weren't for some pretty special women in my life that continue to teach me by there example and encouragement. I am reminded of the verse in 2 Timothy 1 where Paul writes such sincere words to his special friends, "I thank God whom I serve, as my forefathers did, with a clear conscience, as night and day I constantly remember you in my prayers... I long to see you so that I may be filled with joy."

I love you my sweet friends, you know who you are--you are not only friends, but sisters. Thank you for blessing my life, bringing me joy, picking me up when I fall, and loving me for me.

8 comments:

flee said...

ditto girl! love you..

Rachel said...

Love ya girl!

Anonymous said...

I am proud and blessed to call you a friend. I love you!

LET said...

Donna, you are one of the most precious people in the world. You have really taught me a lot through talking about your relationship with God. I want you to know what an encouragement and also inspiration that has been to me. I miss you! I also miss your "Donnaisms" from Bunco and supper club. :)
Laura

Desiree said...

I think we are the ones blessed to call you friend!!! love you

Gina said...

Do you know how blessed I feel to have had your friendship for over 20 years. I've had the privilege to watch you become a wife, mother and a truly beautiful daughter of God. Thank you for your love, support, and most of all your friendship. I love you so much!!! You are the true sister of my heart.

Lara said...

Donna,

You are precious!

Lara :)

Anonymous said...

Good post.